The blog is not finished! But after the Theft (yes, capital letters), the want/need to update the blog took second fiddle to dealing with the Theft and just finishing the trip sans computer. Since being home, it's been hard to get that motivation to complete it. But I will. Ever so slowly. Please be patient!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

154 Days to Go

Not exactly the title I wanted. “155 Days to go” has a better ring to it but I was lazy yesterday. Well, I’m lazy today but that’s because I actually did stuff today(work, tennis, Mojitos!!!!).

I’m now officially around the 5 month mark. To say that I’m starting to get excited is an understatement. To say that I’m getting scared is an understatement. There are times when I start to think of the places I am going to that I get this excited tingle throughout my body. I just can’t wait. I want to experience it all! And then there are the times when I realize just exactly I’m doing and I get scared half to death. And everysooften, I get this odd feeling of melancholy and regret in how much I’m actually going to miss.

Now it’s not actually material items that I’m going to miss. It’s experiences and people I’m going to miss. I’m heading up to Kimball Lake in north central Saskatchewan where my grandparents have a cabin. It’ll probably be one of the last times I can make it up there before my trip as work and other commitments will take up the rest of my summer. And, since this week is also Canada Day, most of the very extended family will be up there as well. Almost seems unreal to think that, come Friday, I will be seeing the lake and cabin for the last time in about two years.

Jesus.

Sounds crazy even now. It’ll be crazy good times, and I’m going to make the most of it. Even if the weather craps out again.

Trip wise, I haven’t been doing too much in the way of planning. Been hearing rumours over at the Bootsnall forums that China might be relaxing their visa restrictions a bit. If so, China may just have weasled its way back into my trip. Lets not go cheering “Hallelujah!” quite yet. I need to make sure. My fingers are crossed though!

Pretty soon though I shall be starting the long, and arduous, journey of getting visas and putting together a flight arrival/departure city list for my travel agent so she can start getting my Round the World Ticket.

So, 154 days to go. Time to make the most of the time I have. Summers in Saskatchewan definitely don’t last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment