The blog is not finished! But after the Theft (yes, capital letters), the want/need to update the blog took second fiddle to dealing with the Theft and just finishing the trip sans computer. Since being home, it's been hard to get that motivation to complete it. But I will. Ever so slowly. Please be patient!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My last few hours

I can’t sleep. Though, I’m not exactly trying. In . . . . umm . . . just under four hours, the train is schedualed to leave Saskatoon bound for Ottawa, the official first stop on my race trip around the world.

This past week has not really been as relaxing as I had originally planned. Last Friday was my last day of work and I had all intentions of taking this week to see people, say goodbye, and just decompress from three years of constant work. That did not turn out. First off, I like to sleep. My mom and brother can greatly attest to that fact. I slept in pretty much every day. It was AWESOME! But it certainly cut down on the time I had each day to actually do stuff.

I’m also a pretty big procrastinator. Hell, I just barely finished booking the hostel for the first three nights of my trip in Ottawa(Toronto is set up with staying with my buds Greg and Marc. Love you guys!). The week has been filled with “Oh shit! I still need this!” and “Fuck, I need to do this still!” Plus, there was still dance class and dance practice to go to, and fitting in meeting with friends and family. And since I’m on that topic, let me give thanks to the following:

  • Diamond and Jeff for taking me to Montana’s
  • Katie, Layne, The Front Desk ladies, and Kim, for the wine, champagne, and tequila.
  • John and Chris for taking me to Moxie’s
  • Mark for playing squash(and letting me win one game) and taking me to Boston Pizza
  • Kevin for taking me to Greek Villa
  • Chris N. for taking me to Extreme Pita
  • Megan and Trevor for taking me to E.E.Burrito’s
  • Aunty Gayle for taking me to Earls
  • Grandma Waldner for taking me to Greek Villa

Seriously, if I hadn’t been so stressed this week and running around all over the place, I’d’ve gained at least 10 pounds.

I’ve pretty much, as of now, given up repacking my backpack. There’s really only so many times one can do it. And I’m sure I’ll get a ton of practice in the next little while. Especially once I start to get rid of some stuff. I’m pretty sure that’ll happen. Right now, the bag is only about 27lbs which is pretty decent. It feels comfortable on my back and I feel I can easily carry it on long walks(Including the one in Ottawa from the bus stop to the hostel I’ve booked).

I really don’t know what to say right now. It doesn’t feel real.  Not yet.

It’s actually happening.

I promise I’ll become a bit more coherent in my postings to come. Right now I just can’t actually articulate what’s jumbling in my head.

And seriously. . . why is it that of all things, all I can think of is “Oh. . . I’m going to miss tonights episode of The Amazing Race.”

At the very least I should be disappointed I’m going to miss the Grey Cup and seeing the Saskatchewan Roughriders kick the Montreal Allouette’s ass. Wait. . . who am I kidding? I don’t watch football.  Oh right. . . bandwagon. I like jumping on those. Whoo! Go Green!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have an amazing time Corey!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete