The blog is not finished! But after the Theft (yes, capital letters), the want/need to update the blog took second fiddle to dealing with the Theft and just finishing the trip sans computer. Since being home, it's been hard to get that motivation to complete it. But I will. Ever so slowly. Please be patient!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quickies are fun!

So, I’ve been bad and have neglected this blog for way too long. And really, I don’t have much of an excuse. Well, I could have an excuse but that would require thinking and I’m really way too lazy to do that right now. I already chastised my friend Kevin about his lack of blog entries when we went for a walk and he did the same thing to me. He did put it pretty well though in explaining his preference for quality over quantity. It’s better to write a blog entry because you have something to say rather than for the sake of writing one.

So really, this is more of a quick list of what I’ve been up to in terms of getting ready for my trip.

- Finished my rabies vaccination series and had blood taken to make sure it worked. Still awaiting those results. No fainting on any of these! convocation1

- Officially Convocated from the University of Saskatchewan with a B.A.(Hon ) in Political Studies. And yes, I will allow myself to be pretentious and place those post-nominals behind my name. At least for a few weeks.

- Purchased my first set of plane tickets for my trip. I leave Toronto on December 6, 2010 for Lima, Peru. I have a return ticket for April 7, 2011 leaving Sao Paulo, Brazil coming back to Toronto where I will catch a flight to Madrid as the first leg of my Round the World ticket I have yet to buy.

- Got an Eee PC netbook computer. it’s pretty, and small, and is taking a bit to get used to. But I have everything on it now that I will need for my trip(read: Skype, Geocaching programs).

- And yes, I have figured out how I can geocache on my trip. Stay tuned for a blog entry on how I am planning to do that. The geek in me is quite ecstatic.

In my absence, check out www.thomandsean.com as they are now in the last 20 odd days of their countdown for their trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment