The blog is not finished! But after the Theft (yes, capital letters), the want/need to update the blog took second fiddle to dealing with the Theft and just finishing the trip sans computer. Since being home, it's been hard to get that motivation to complete it. But I will. Ever so slowly. Please be patient!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Immunization Series

When you plan a trip around the world, one of the most important things you need to settle is your travel shots. This is especially important considering some countries, including China and Brazil, will not let you enter without proof of specific vaccinations. 

But what vaccines are needed?

When I went to the International Travel Clinic for the first round of shots, I spent nearly two hours with the nurse going over my itinerary and every shot that I should get or consider getting. 

Every trip is different. If your trip does not take you to Asia at all, you will not need to consider Japanese Encephalitis. Likewise, if you opt to backpack in Western continents like Europe and Australia, the need to get malaria pills are greatly reduced, if not eliminated altogether. So any advice I mention, take with a grain of salt.

Over the next little while, I will be posting information on the various shot that I am getting or considering getting. Hopefully, this information will help those that are planning their own big adventure.

The Vaccines:

  • Yellow Fever
  • Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Hep A
  • Typhoid
  • Rabies
  • Malaria
  • Cholera

No comments:

Post a Comment