The blog is not finished! But after the Theft (yes, capital letters), the want/need to update the blog took second fiddle to dealing with the Theft and just finishing the trip sans computer. Since being home, it's been hard to get that motivation to complete it. But I will. Ever so slowly. Please be patient!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 47-49, Maybe the Witches can help

The following takes place between Thursday, January 13 and Saturday, January 15, 2011

La Paz is often touted as being the highest capital city in the world, and at over 3300 meters above sea level, it’s pretty hard to top it. The city itself is actually two cities. The top, flat portion of El Alto, and the portion within the valley called La Paz. It’s a city filled with many hills which does not help with the whole trying the breath normally thing. It’s probably why these first few days in La Paz have been rather uneventful.

I left Copacabana in the early afternoon on a bus that was probably way too small for the amount of seats that were installed in it. And it was packed full. Once you sat down, you were in that position for the duration of the trip. Thankfully, the first part was relatively short as after driving through the winding roads, we all had to pile off the bus so it could take a ferry across the lake and the passengers could hitch a ride on a motor boat.

We arrived in La Paz sometime later. I was lucky enough to have been able to fall Witches Marketasleep so I’m not quite sure how much time actually passed. I grabbed my bag, hopped in a taxi and quickly found a hotel. The next few days were relatively uneventful as I ended up spending lots of time in my room, trying to recover from some sort of illness. I did head out to the so-called Witches Market a couple times just to get some fresh air and perhaps to find something to help cure whatever was ailing me. Sadly, I didn’t feel like having some llama fetus’ so I opted to just ride the illness out.

I could’ve used the time to catch up on the blog but instead, I laid in bed and watched copious amounts of Law and Order, the only english language show they seem to play on the TVs here. It could be worse though. It could’ve been The Bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment